|Refreshing Your Needling Skills||immediately after purchase||for 2 years|
This online course provides guidance for practitioners to understand the methods that support their development of basic needling skills. The course will build on the guidelines that are the tuition for advanced needling techniques such as 'Draining', 'Burning Mountain' and 'Penetrating Heaven Coolness' methods.
At the end of the course, attendees should be able to:
1. Enhance their current understanding of the 5 stages of needling
2. Gain greater confidence in methods such as grasping deqi as well as techniques for supplementation, draining and even methods
3. Learn methods and applications for propagating the qi sensation, for harmonization as well as techniques used burning mountain technique and penetrating heaven coolness method
- Brief outline of my personal journey in realising these skills followed by a discussion of the idea that ‘acupuncture’ is best seen as the study of therapeutic stimulation. That a skilled acupuncturist is someone who has a good understanding of appropriate stimulation. Energetic layers at acupounts.
- Overview of the stages of needling, the importance of palpation and application of information obtained in this way both diagnostic and to guide therapy.
- Adept insertion, use of a range of distraction techniques • Learning and practising standard techniques to obtain deqi responses and holding qi method.
- “Alignment of intent” – mindset, position of practitioner and patient
- Acting on qi. Basic repertoire of supplementation, draining and even needle techniques; lift-thrust, rotation, breathing, retention time, etc