Advanced Gong Fu Sports Medicine is divided into three modules that build on the basic class Gong Fu Sports Medicine: Treatment of Injuries with Chinese Medicine. These three advanced modules further hone the practitioner’s ability to treat injuries and orthopedic conditions with traditional Chinese medicine. These three modules are combined together to offer you 8 CUE/ PDS/ CPD/
Module 1: Treating Blood Stasis and Dead Blood (2 CEU / PDA / CPD)
Goals and Objectives:
- Advanced Gong Fu Sports Medicine: Treating Bi Syndrome (4 CEU / PDA / CPD)
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify the five basic kinds of Bi Syndrome and their various manifestations.
- Students will understand what treatments are appropriate for the different kinds of Bi syndrome.
- Students will be able modify treatments according to the patient and situation.
- Students will understand how to advise patients on lifestyle changes and diet as they relate to Bi Syndrome
- Advanced Gong Fu Sports Medicine: Treatment of Fractures (2 CEU / PDA / CPD)
- Students will understand the differences in the theory and practice of treating fractures in traditional Eastern and modern Western medicine.
- Students will be able to list and detail the Four Stages of fracture healing.
- Students will be able to identify the treatment principles and the appropriate therapies and herbal formulas used in the different stages of fracture healing.
- Students will learn what lifestyle changes (diet, exercise etc.) need to be made to support fracture healing.
- Advanced Gong Fu Sports Medicine: Treating Blood Stasis and Dead Blood (2 CEU / PDA / CPD)
- Students will be able to distinguish between blood stasis and dead blood and effectively apply the principles of treating blood stasis and dead blood.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize the key formulas for blood stasis due to injury.
- Students will be able to identify the different categories of medicinals used to treat dead blood and effectively employ them to modify herbal formulae.
- Student will gain an understanding of the role of Cold Damage in the formation of dead blood and how to effectively employ the key Shang Han Lun formulae in the treatment of blood stasis and dead blood.