Early bird price $75 until January 25th. Regular rate $99.99
Even if you cannot make the scheduled time for the live webinar, you will still be able to watch the recordings. Video recordings of the live webinar are placed into your account within 48 hours of the class, so the course will be waiting for you to watch when you are ready.
Live webinars fulfil all 50 hours of live CEUs for California. You have 2 years access to the recording to complete for CEU/PDA.
Photobiomodulation therapy (PBMT) has been extensively utilized by clinicians for 50 years. This presentation will discuss the following topics: historical perspectives of light therapy and the serendipitous discovery of PBMT in 1967; an overview of the electromagnetic spectrum, light tissue interactions and the physics of PBMT including commonly used dosage parameters; molecular and cellular mechanisms of action including the effects on the electron transport chain and ion channels as well as secondary and tertiary cellular effects; physiological effects on different tissue types; systemic and direct effects of PBMT; bi-phasic dose response of PBMT; definition and description of laser acupuncture.
- Honolulu, HI, USA HST (UTC -10) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 7:00 am - 11:30 pm
- Denver, CO, USA MST (UTC -7) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Houston, TX, USA CST (UTC -6) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
- New York, NY, USA EST (UTC -5) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- London, United Kingdom GMT (UTC +0) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Tel Aviv, Israel IDT (UTC +3) Sat, Feb 2, 2019 7:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Sydney, Australia AEDT (UTC +11) Sun, Feb 3, 2019 4:00 am - 8:30 am
- Auckland, New Zealand NZDT (UTC +13) Sun, Feb 3, 2019 6:00 am - 10:30 am
Goals & Objectives
- Understanding the basic physics of light as utilized in PBMT.
- Understanding the molecular and cellular mechanisms of action and physiological effects of PBMT.
- Understanding the bi-phasic dose response and dosage parameters of PBMT.
- Being able to define and describe laser acupuncture.
- History & Physics of PBMT
- Molecular & Cellular Mechanisms of Action
- Physiological, Direct & Indirect Effects of PBMT
- Bi-phasic Dose Response
- Laser Acupuncture / Q&A
David received an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Molecular Biology and Molecular Genetics from the University of Toronto, CANADA. He then completed his Doctor of Chiropractic at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario in 1992 and Diploma in Acupuncture and TCM from the Institute of TCM (Toronto). He lectured microbiology and physical modalities at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto and anatomy, orthopaedics and pathophysiology at several private Massage Therapy Colleges. David co-founded The SOMA Institute (a clinical massage therapy college) located in Chicago, Illinois where he designed and instructed the science curriculum. David joined Meditech International in 2011 as the Director of Education and Training where he instructs monthly Certification Courses in Low Level Laser Therapy (Photobiomodulation Therapy) and lectures at conferences and post-secondary institutions throughout Canada and the USA. He recently presented at the 2017 North American Association of Laser Therapy (NAALT) in San Diego, 2017 Chiropractic Association of South Africa and African Congress and the 2018 Integrative Fertility Symposium. He also practices at Meditech’s Laser Rehabilitation Clinic in Toronto directed by Fred Kahn, MD FRCS(C).