Early bird price $50 until January 30th. Regular rate $75
Even if you cannot make the scheduled time for the live webinar, you will still be able to watch the recordings. Video recordings of the live webinar are placed into your account within 48 hours of the class, so the course will be waiting for you to watch when you are ready.
Live webinars fulfil all 50 hours of live CEUs for California. You have 2 years access to the recording to complete for CEU/PDA.
The course will look at sleep from the perspectives of both Organ/pathogen imbalances, as well as disharmony in the Five Elements. It will illustrate how the quality of a child’s sleep is always intimately linked with other aspects of their emotional and physical life. It will include case histories, photographs and videos of treatments.
Sleep problems are a common reason for babies, children and teenagers to be brought to the clinic. Good sleep is fundamental to a child’s development, health and well-being. However, poor sleep not only has a deleterious effect on the child, but also on the entire family.
Acupuncture is a fantastically effective tool to help a child achieve better sleep. However, the diagnosis and treatment of childhood insomnia varies greatly from the treatment of adult insomnia.
The aim of the course is to enable practitioners to feel confident to:
- Make an accurate diagnosis of a baby, child or teenager who is not sleeping well
- Formulate an effective treatment strategy with acupuncture, paediatric tuina and lifestyle advice
- Implement the treatment strategy in a child-friendly way
- Honolulu, HI, USA HST (UTC -10) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 8:00 am - 11:15 pm
- Denver, CO, USA MST (UTC -7) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 11:00 am - 2:15 pm
- Houston, TX, USA CST (UTC -6) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 12:00 am - 3:15 pm
- New York, NY, USA EST (UTC -5) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
- London, United Kingdom GMT (UTC +0) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 6:00 pm - 9:15 pm
- Tel Aviv, Israel IDT (UTC +3) Sat, Feb 9, 2019 8:00 pm - 11:15 pm
- Sydney, Australia AEDT (UTC +11) Sun, Feb 10, 2019 5:00 am - 8:15 am
- Auckland, New Zealand NZDT (UTC +13) Sun, Feb 10, 2019 7:00 am - 10:15 am
- To identify what is physiological and what is pathological in terms of sleep patterns in children of all ages
- Key aetiologies involved in sleep conditions in babies, children and teenagers
- Sleep as a reflection of a developmental stage in the child
- Key patterns of imbalance involved in sleep conditions
- Effective treatment methods using acupuncture and paediatric tuina
- Different approaches needed when treating babies, compared with young children, compared with teenagers
- Confidence in discussing necessary lifestyle changes with parents and children
- ‘To sleep like a baby’: what is ‘normal’ at different ages
- Babies: aetiology of sleep problems
- Babies: the process of diagnosis
- Babies: patterns of imbalance
- Babies: treatment approach and methods
- Children: aetiology of sleep problems
- Children: the process of diagnosis
- Children: patterns of imbalance
- Children: treatment approach and methods
- Teenagers: aetiology of sleep problems
- Teenagers: the process of diagnosis
- Teenagers: patterns of imbalance
- Teenagers: treatment approach and methods