This is an excellent course to help you review for the ABORM.org exam as well as provide you with a working knowledge of reproductive medicine for the subfertile couple.
This module is designed to give the participants the tools necessary to differentiate normal and abnormal sexual development.
- Normal Sexual Differentiation
- Abnormal Sexual Differentiation
- Masculinized Females
- Incompletely Masculinized Males
- Abnormal Androgen Synthesis
- Disorders of Gonadal Development
- True Hermaphroditism
- Gonadal Dysgenesis
- Noonan Syndrome
- Diagnosis of Ambiguous Genitalia
- Describe the hormonal changes relative to the reproductive cycle
- Define the concepts of gonadostat, adrenarche, premature adrenarche, premature thelarche
- Describe the normal sequence of age of onset of female pubertal milestones
- Detail the differential diagnosis and workup and treatment of disorders producing precocious puberty
- Detail the Differential Diagnosis of delayed puberty
Module 2 - Western Reproductive Endocrinology - Amenorrhea and Anovulation and PCOS (Unedited version)
To acquire knowledge pertaining to the concepts related to differential diagnosis of amenorrhea of all types utilizing procedures available to all clinicians. This module will also include the problems of galactorrhea and pituitary adenomas, exercise and amenorrhea.
To acquire knowledge pertaining to the concepts related to how loss of ovulation can occur and the clinical expressions of anovulation. This module will also include the polycystic ovary and hyperinsulinemia.
Module 2 Outline:
- Definition of Amenorrhea
- Basic Principles in Menstrual Function
- Evaluation of Amenorrhea
- High Gonadotropins
- Low Gonadotropins
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism
- Specific Disorders within Compartments
- ->Compartment I: Disorders of the Outflow Tract or Uterus
- ->Compartment II: Disorders of the Ovary
- ->Compartment III: Disorders of the Anterior Pituitary
- Pathogenesis of Anovulation
- The Polycystic Ovary
- Insulin Resistance, Hyperinsulinemia, and Hyperandrogenism
- The Clinical Consequences of Persistent Anovulation
Module 3 - Western Reproductive Endocrinology - Female and Male Infertility
To acquire knowledge pertaining to the concepts related to an approach to the problem of infertility in females and males
Module 3 Outline:
- The Epidemiology of Infertility in the U.S.
- Aging and Female Fertility
- Guiding Principles in the Evaluation of Infertility
- The Female Infertility Evaluation
- Male Factor: Abnormalities of Semen Quality
- Ovarian Factors: Ovulatory Dysfunction
- Cervical Factor: Abnormalities of Sperm-Mucus Interaction
- Uterine Factor: Anatomic and Functional Abnormalities
- Tubal Factors: Tubal Occlusion and Adnexal Adhesions
- Unexplained Infertility
- Explain the basic anatomy and physiology of the male reproductive system
- Describe the components of a semen analysis and the possible reason each parameter is abnormal
- Detail the methods and principles of the sperm penetration assay (SPA) and the immunobead assay
- Discuss the arguments in favor and against varicocele repair
- Understand the possible benefits and side effects associated with gonadotropin superovulation and IUI
Module 4 - Western Reproductive Endocrinology - Recurrent Early Pregnancy Loss and Endometriosis
To acquire knowledge pertaining to the concepts related to the evaluation and management of recurring spontaneous losses in early pregnancy. To acquire knowledge pertaining to the concepts related to diagnosis and suitable treatment for the individual patient.
Module 4 Outline:
- The Epidemiology of Pregnancy Loss
- Genetic Factors
- Anatomic factors
- Immunologic Factors
- Inherited Thrombophilia's
- Endocrine Factors
- Infectious Causes
- Environmental Factors
- Unexplained Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Summary of Evaluation and Treatment for Recurrent
- Pregnancy Loss
- The Pathogenesis of Endometriosis
- Epidemiology of Endometriosis
- Diagnosis of Endometriosis
- Medical Treatment
- Surgical Treatment
- Prevention of Infertility
Paul Magarelli, M.D., PH.D., F.A.C.O.G
If you ask anyone in Colorado about Dr. Paul Magarelli they will tell you that he makes babies for a living. Dr. Magarelli and his team, HQA Fertility Centers, have served Colorado and the Western Region as a Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist since 1998. Over 3,000 babies are part of his legacy, and he has only just begun. His motto of practice began as “High Tech with a Personal Touch” then evolved to “We Heal by Creating Families in an Affordable way”. Recently Dr. Magarelli decided to spearhead a change in how Reproductive Medicine is practiced in the United States. He did this by creating HQA-Fertility Care (said HiKu). High Quality Affordable Fertility Care is a revolutionary approach to helping infertility patients get access to all types of fertility care, including High Tech in the forms of IVF/ICSI and Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening (CCS/PGD), at incredibly affordable prices. He changed the average fee for IVF from $ 15,000 to $ 7,700 and the typical fees for CCS/PGD from over $ 36,000 to $ 11,000. This is a major shift in the accessibility and affordability of infertility care. He did this while preserving his signature 5 Star service guarantee: he and his staff will provide care in a pleasant, compassionate, competent and respectful fashion. He also created a program in which patients with cancers that may make them permanently infertile, can have an IVF cycle at no fee and this includes medications. He is now advancing care for our military with his Compassionate Corps™ program in which soldiers that have injuries that may affect their fertility can have their IVF medications for two IVF cycles … free.
Dr Magarelli and his wife, Diane K Cridennda, L.Ac., Doctor of Oriental Medicine (NMex), of East Winds Acupuncture in Colorado Springs originated the research to incorporate Acupuncture into IVF treatment cycles. Their C-MAP protocol (Cridennda Magarelli Acupuncture Protocol) is used worldwide to help infertility patients create “One Healthy Baby™”. Both Dr. Mag and Dr. Diane founded and serve on the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine and both are invited lecturers worldwide on topics that range from infertility to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Menopause, Andropause and the treatment of Insulin Resistance.
Dr. Magarelli designed the nation’s first comprehensive clinic to treat Insulin Resistance and its sequelae of diabetes, hypertension, low testosterone, depression, andropause, fatigue and more in his clinic called the Institute for Sustained Health™.
Dr. Magarelli remains the only RE in the city with the ability to diagnose and treat folks both locally, nationally and internationally. He is a graduate of Duke University Health Sciences Residency and UCLA RE Fellowship program. He earned his Ph.D. in Nutritional Biochemistry and Physiology at the University of Arizona. Recently he was elected President of the nations’ oldest regional fertility organization, the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society.
Dr. Magarelli offers the following online fertility courses through Healthy Seminars approved for CEU/PDA/CPD
Frequently Bought Together
I really enjoyed the information presented in these modules. The content was very clear and Dr. Magarelli provided great insight about the Western aspects of infertility. I think human sexuality was an important inclusion in the modules.
I loved this course. It was by far a ton of info and I will not read the Speroff gynecology book to really drive this information into my brain. Paul was a clear and excellent presenter. I appreciate the addition of TCM and his repetition of materials for clarity.
Very comprehensive information. At times it delved way beyond my comprehension level (which just means I need to study more - and that I needcto defer to REs as the experts in this subject matter!). A lot of genetic and biological information that I won't specifically use in my clinical practice (e.g., mitosis, meiosis, etc.) but it's good reference material so I understand the overall picture of this subject matter.
Sometimes it was hard to know what Dr. Magarelli was pointing to or indicating to on the screen as we did not have video of him. Perhaps it would be helpful in future video courses to have the speaker describe what he or she may be pointing to so that viewers at home watching these webinars at a later date would understand what he or she is indicating.
I am very very grateful to ProD Seminars for allowing me to extend my viewing time. Having a very busy practice and not so good time management, I ran out of time on watching and completing these courses. Thank you, Lorne and Jenn!
I was hoping this course would address a little bit more regarding drugs used in ART, specifically their indications, pathways, cautions, adverse effects, etc...
This course was packed with information that is pertinent or those who are working with fertility issues so that you can understand where the western medical MD's are coming from and also why TCM can be integrated into their treatments for further sucess.
~ Claudia B